This 1 day course aims to provide healthcare professionals with the knowledge and skills to be effective members of a resuscitation team. It has been designed to equip candidates with the skills and knowledge to manage the patient in the immediate period of crisis, including recognition, assessment and immediate management of the deteriorating patient. Covered are skills to deal with a cardiac arrest or other medical emergencies in a clinical setting. Material is delivered in a combination of lectures, skills workshops and simulation. The course fee also includes an ALS manual to help prepare for the face to face component. It is ideal for those with limited or infrequent exposure to patients in crisis. The course includes:
- Application of the ABCDE approach to recognise, assess and manage the critically ill patient
- Airway management skills, including basic airway adjuncts and LMA
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Defibrillation skills (manual and/or AED modes)
- work as an effective team member in a cardiac arrest situation
- cardiac arrest management using the ARC ALS algorithm
- use of pocket mask and spinal management to meet RACGP requirements
* on prior request
LOCATIONVarsity Lakes Conference Center
One day8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (UTC+10)
ALS1-ILS COURSE DATES
25 March 2023
Important Booking Information
By completing the booking process for an ALS course with GC Medical Training, you agree to our terms and conditions as listed with your booking confirmation. If you have any further queries, please refer to our FAQs or contact us.
To book, simply follow the links via the Book Now tab, complete the online form and make your payment. Please take care to provide your preferred postal address to receive your pre course materials. In order to ensure sufficient time to prepare for courses, you should register for your preferred date a minimum of 1-2 months prior.
In cases where the courses are full, you may choose the option to register for our waitlist. Should a spot become available, we will advise you and offer you a place.
ALS course booking conditions and refund policy.
- Your course booking is not confirmed until payment has been received in full and confirmation has been sent to you.
- For courses to be of educational benefit, a minimum of 4 participants is required. In the unlikely event a course is unable to be run due to low numbers of enrolments, students will be able to re-book onto another course at no cost or receive a full refund of paid course fees.
- It is a requirement by the Australian Resuscitation Council that candidates attend the entire course in order to successfully complete it. Therefore if you arrive more than 10 minutes late after the scheduled start time, you will not be allowed entry to the course and the paid fee is non refundable.
- In case of failure to attend a particular scheduled session of the course, candidates are ineligible to successfully complete the course and will not be entitled to a refund.
- If candidates wish to reschedule their course and give more than 30 days notice, a fee of $100 applies, to cover the cost of manuals, postage and administration
- Rescheduling of the course within 30 days of the scheduled course date will require payment of the full course fee again.
- In case of cancellation of enrolment by the candidate with more than 30 days notice, the cost of any course materials and postage will be deducted from the refund.
- Cancellations of enrolment with less than 30 days notice are not eligible for refunds. Special consideration may be at the discretion of the course director.
- All courses must be completed within 6 months from your original booking date.
- No postage fees will be refunded.
- Refunds must be applied for in writing.
In order to continue to continue to run courses during the COVID 19 pandemic, we have had to implement some additional infection control measures for our courses. These are in-line with government and Q Health policies and require course participants to adhere to all covid restrictions (including the wearing of masks) and vaccination requirements to enter the facilities and be able to participate. In line with Q Health policies, many of these restrictions have now been relaxed, however we continue to practice social distancing wherever possible, observe room size limits and ask that in the event of Covid illness prior to the course, you notify us asap so that we can reschedule your course.