This two-day course builds on core ALS guidelines and aims to develop advanced skills in managing the deteriorating patient and cardiac arrest. It is designed for doctors, and nurses working in critical care areas as well as paramedics, to develop advanced skills to manage the deteriorating patient and cardiac arrest with a focus on leadership.
Candidates are sent a manual and pre course MCQ to guide preparation..
The course requires a pre and post course assessment and covers:
- Recognition, assessment and management of the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach (aiming to prevent cardiac arrest)
- Treat cardiac and/or respiratory arrest, including manual defibrillation
- Airway skills station including Basic and advanced adjuncts
- Management of life-threatening arrhythmias
- Preparing and planning for post resuscitation care
- Care for the deteriorating patient or patient in cardiac and/or respiratory arrest in special circumstances such as asthma, anaphylaxis, and pregnancy
- Lead a team, work as a team member, and use structured communication skills including giving an effective handover
- Considerations for end of life decision making
LOCATIONBond University Skills Center
Two days8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (UTC+10)
ALS2 COURSE DATES
22 April 2023
- 23 April 2023
Important information and Course Booking Conditions
By completing the booking process for an ALS course with GC Medical Training, you agree to our terms and conditions as listed with your booking confirmation. If you have any further queries, please refer to our FAQs or contact us.
To book, simply follow the links via the Book Now tab, complete the online form and make your payment. Please take care to provide your preferred postal address to receive your pre course materials. In order to ensure sufficient time to prepare for courses, you should register for your preferred date a minimum of 1-2 months prior.
In cases where the courses are full, you may choose the option to register for our waitlist. Should a spot become available, we will advise you and offer you a place.
ALS course booking terms, conditions and refund policy.
- Your course booking is not confirmed until payment has been received in full and confirmation has been sent to you.
- For courses to be of educational benefit, a minimum of 4 participants is required. In the unlikely event a course is unable to be run due to low numbers of enrolments, students will be able to re-book onto another course at no cost or receive a full refund of paid course fees.
- It is a requirement by the Australian Resuscitation Council that candidates attend the entire course in order to successfully complete it. Therefore if you arrive more than 10 minutes late after the scheduled start time, you will not be allowed entry to the course and the paid fee is non refundable.
- In case of failure to attend a particular scheduled session of the course, candidates are ineligible to successfully complete the course and will not be entitled to a refund.
- If candidates reschedule their course and give more than 30 days notice, a fee of $100 for plus 10% of the course price applies, to cover the cost of manuals, postage and administration.
- Rescheduling of the course within 30 days of the scheduled course date will require payment of the full course fee again.
- All courses must be completed within 6 months from your original booking date.
- No postage fees will be refunded.
- In case of cancellation of enrolment by the candidate, the cost of any course materials and postage will be deducted from the refund.
- Refunds must be applied for in writing.
In order to continue to continue to run courses during the COVID 19 pandemic, we have had to implement some additional infection control measures for our courses. These are in-line with government and Q Health policies and require course participants to adhere to all covid restrictions (including the wearing of masks) and vaccination requirements to enter the facilities and be able to participate. Additionally we aim to practice social distancing wherever possible, observe room size limits and ask that in the event of Covid illness or being deemed a close contact prior to the course, you notify us asap so that we can reschedule your course.